Sunday, April 13, 2008

April's underwater magic

My favourite way to recharge is to head under the sea here on the Ningaloo Reef for some scuba diving. I always take my camera with me and there is always so much amazing scenery and beautiful marine life to photograph. I find that being able to do something completely different with photography helps me be more creative during my portrait and wedding sessions, too. I play with patterns, light and composition while trying to capture the "personality" of each creature and the essence of each scene.

Here are some recent images:

Diver with fish


White tip reef shark cruising the reef



Snapper hunting baitfish



Tuskfish with cleaner wrasse


Yellow dwarf moray eel


Giant clam


Porcelain crab catching dinner


Coral cod with cleaner shrimp


Bubble coral shrimp


Tube worm blenny


Close up of slender flutemouth


Pair of harlequin shrimp feasting on their blue sea star



Clarkii anemonefish


Bream with cleaner wrasse



No comments: