Monday, March 17, 2008

Canon's 100-400L in the backyard

Sunday was very hot here in Exmouth and I wanted to get out of my office for a little while to enjoy the day. What better way than by grabbing a lens that doesn't get as much use as it should? Our yards are filled with birds, lizards and dragonflies so I was confident I could find some worthy subjects for some photography.

As I walked out in the front yard, I ran right into one of our local emus! Luckily he has no chicks at the moment so just quietly moseyed off, only allowing one frame before cutting between the cars in the driveway.


The backyard proved to be lizard-free for the first time in recent memory, but there were plenty of birds out and about. This little dove was sitting quietly on the ground. I'm always surprised to see birds relaxing in our yard since we have three cats!


Our neighbours have a tree that overhangs the fence and it is currently filled with dainty peach coloured blooms. They seem to be a treat for the local bird life and they get into the oddest contortions to get at the good stuff.






It's impossible to head into the backyard without company. My two Rhodesian Ridgebacks need to be in the action, just to make sure they don't miss anything. MatildaLily has her moments of pure sweetness


soon followed by moments of anticipation


and preparation for pure naughtiness!


Dora, my older girl, mostly just wishes both her sister and I would go away and leave her in peace!


No comments: