Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NEWS: Time for a new laptop

Just a quick note to let you all know that my trusty laptop died a quick and painless (for it) death yesterday. It was all working fine and then BAM nothing. No warning at all, it just wouldn't start.

I don't edit or store photos from my weddings or portrait sessions on my laptop, so there's no fear on a delay in processing or a loss of images. All of that type of work is done on my desktop and immediately backed up to at least one external drive.

However, my laptop is my connection to everything outside my office. All of my emails are dealt with on it and so I finally come to the point - if you have emailed in the past couple of days, please be patient while I get an alternative email system up and running as I can no longer access your messages.

On the bright side, it looks like my Computer Guy was able to save most of the information on the laptop's hard drive which means that I should be able to get to your recently sent emails in the next 48 hours or so.

If you do not get a response from me by Friday afternoon, PLEASE either resend your email or give me a ring on 0438 433 356. You can, of course, ring me earlier than that if you wish!

Thank you for your patience and cross your fingers for me.

Oh, and if anyone has suggestions for a new, lightweight laptop, it looks like I'm in the market!

No comments: